Estimated reading time: 10 minutes
Who we are
UGH! Media LLC is a modern, distributed (100% remote) company with less than 250 employees.
Our goal is to be a lead information source for small businesses (in the U.S.A) that struggle with the various components of digital transformation. From common website roadblocks to data-driven digital marketing plans.
Note: UGH! Media LLC firmly believes that one (of the many) essential things when “being online” is to provide data privacy and protection. Although we monetize the site through advertising and offer “opt-out” choices, we do not sell visitor data to third parties or anyone else. Furthermore, for visitors outside of the U.S.A., in countries with more comprehensive data protection regulations, we offer “opt-out” options before you can view the content. However, we may also utilize Country Blockers in regions that we cannot accommodate just yet.
- Our website address is: https://ughmedia.com
- Please email data requests to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For other requests or questions, please email: email@example.com or fill out the Contact Form via our Contact Page.
Below are links to additional terms and conditions for using this site:
Like many other websites, UGH! Media LLC makes use of log files. The information inside of log files may include:
- Internet protocol (IP) addresses
- Type of browser
- Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Date/time stamp
- Referring/exit pages
- The number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the website, and gather demographic information
Some regulations (depending on your home state/country) imply that IP addresses and other details don’t get linked to any personally identifiable information. However, with the new GDPR regulations rolling out on May 25th, 2018, we agree with Recital 30 that:
Natural persons may be associated with online identifiers provided by their devices, applications, tools, and protocols, such as internet protocol addresses, cookie identifiers, or other identifiers such as radio frequency identification tags. This may leave traces which, in particular when combined with unique identifiers and additional information received by the servers, may be used to create profiles of the natural persons and identify them.GDPREU.org
Cookies and Web Beacons
DoubleClick DART Cookie
- Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to users based on their visit to UGH! Media LLC and other sites on the Internet.
Here is more info on how Google uses information from sites or apps that use its services: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
UGH! Media LLC has no access or control over cookies that third-party advertisers use. You should consult the respective privacy policies of these third-party ad servers for more detailed information on their practices as well as for instructions about how to opt out of specific practices. You can find that information here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads
If you use Yahoo, here is a link to their “Privacy controls” page: https://policies.yahoo.com/xa/en/yahoo/privacy/tools/index.htm.
For Bing, here is a link to their “Privacy settings” page: https://www.bing.com/account/general.
Microsoft Edge users: here is the link to their “Privacy > Ad Settings” page: https://choice.microsoft.com.
If you use Google, you can find the “Data & Personalization” settings here: https://myaccount.google.com/data-and-personalization.
If you use Mozilla Firefox, here is a link to their “Privacy and security settings” page: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/firefox/privacy-and-security.
For DuckDuckGo, here is a link to their “Settings” page: https://duckduckgo.com/settings.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it:
When visitors leave comments on the site (you must login in to do so), we collect the data shown in the comments form, an IP address, and browser user agent string (to help with spam detection).
An anonymized string created from your email address (also called a hash) may be provided to the Gravatar service to see if you are using it. After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the site can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
UGH! Media LLC does not currently use a contact form.
If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt-in to save your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and gets discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies continue for a year.
- If you select “Remember Me,” your login will persist for two weeks.
- When you log out of your account, the login cookies get removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie gets saved in your browser. (This cookie includes no personal data and indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after one day.)
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the same way as if the visitor has visited the other site.
Currently UGH! Media LLC’s data processor is Google Analytics.
Google Analytics offers a browser add-on to opt-out of analytics tracking. Here is the link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Whom we share your data with
UGH! Media LLC doesn’t share nor sell data to other organizations. We use services from third-party providers to help bring visitors relevant content and to improve website functionality and security.
- WordPress.org (CMS): https://wordpress.org/about/privacy/
- Download Monitor (Generates download links): https://www.download-monitor.com/privacy-policy/
- Font Awesome (Generates icons): https://fontawesome.com/privacy
- Press Customizr (Current theme): https://presscustomizr.com/privacy-policy/
- Timeline Express (Timeline plugin): https://www.wp-timelineexpress.com/privacy-policy/
- WP Rocket (Cache plugin): https://wp-rocket.me/privacy-policy/
- Wordfence (Security plugin): https://www.wordfence.com/privacy-policy/
- Cloudflare (CDN): https://www.cloudflare.com/privacypolicy/
- Pretty Links (URL tracker plugin): https://prettylinks.com/privacy-policy/
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata get preserved so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of keeping them in a moderation queue.
Google Analytics user and event data retention data are held on our site for a total of 38 months beginning May 25th, 2018.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also view and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you by emailing email@example.com.
Please note that this does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service before being sent for review. Also, visitor comments, logins, and data get automatically scanned with real-time malware, firewall, and spam detection (or similar) technologies. In this case, UGH! Media LLC utilizes Wordfence. More info can be found here: https://www.wordfence.com/wordfence-signup
Your Contact Information
UGH! Media LLC doesn’t share, nor sell data to other organizations.
For any privacy-specific questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As mentioned above, UGH! Media LLC monetizes this website through Google AdSense. Also, we sometimes use affiliate links to gain a commission on promotions, sales, or services. All affiliate links on the website are marked and include a disclaimer.
How we protect your data
UGH! Media LLC’s website is encrypted with different technologies. We utilize SSL protection, 2FA, Content Delivery Networks, Firewalls, Country Blocking (we are solely based in the U.S.A), and other security measures.
What data breach procedures we have in place
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
UGH! Media LLC utilizes alerts and added security through Wordfence, our Host, and a Content Delivery Network — 24/7.
Since we are just beginning to grow our blog, we have a limited amount of users and require that you log in to comment through Gravatar (please see above RE: the “Comments” section for more info).
What third parties we receive data from
UGH! Media LLC doesn’t currently accept data from third-party services for marketing or advertising.
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
UGH! Media LLC does not provide any service that includes automated decision-making/profiling.
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
- 3/15/21: “Note” added to Who We Are section. Log Files section definition/explanation updated – added may include.
- 7/13/20: Listed excluded AdSense pages, Created additional privacy links for popular web browsers, “Analytics” (section) opt-out browser add-on link added, “Whom we share your data with” (section) third-party list update, “Additional information” (section) affiliate notice update
- 11/26/19: UGH! Media LLC no longer utilizes Stop Spammer services and has since switched to Wordfence
- 11/26/19: Contact Form Provider changed from Sumo to WPForms.
- 1/30/19: Canonical URL changed to /privacy-policy-2/ vs. /privacy-policy/
- 5/24/18: Links to other Terms section(s) added
- 5/23/18: Personal Data Collection Policy, Data Sharing Policy, Data Retention Policy, User Data Rights, and “Additional Information” sections added
Although we specialize in digital solutions, as of Jan. 1, 2019, we no longer accept individual service requests. However, we do take inquiries/questions (see Contact Us page for more info).
Please note, this post does not establish a UGH! Media LLC-client relationship. It is for informational purposes only. For additional info, please refer to our disclaimer.